Braces colors: How to pick the best braces color for your teeth
Your braces could last for months or even years, hence, it is important for you to be happy with the color of braces that you choose to get. Whether you just wish for your braces to complement your skin tone or desire to get festive with your look, the color of braces can be used to help you feel confident until the day your braces are ready to come off.
What color braces should I get?
Even though the color of your braces can be changed at regular intervals with your dentist, it could be confusing to choose the best color for your braces, so here are some tips on how to choose the best braces color for you:
- White braces, although good, can turn into an off-white color after drinking and eating certain foods. They can also make your teeth appear more yellow, since your tooth enamel may not be as naturally white as the bands.
- Darker colors like purple and navy blue are braces that make your teeth look whiter since they contrast with the natural color of your teeth. However, dark green and brown can seem like food stuck in your teeth.
- Yellow and gold could complement natural yellow shade of your teeth, making them look more yellow than they actually are.
- For people with teeth that have a yellow tint, it is better to choose clear or silver bands while people with a natural white color should choose black to make your teeth appear even whiter.
Braces color ideas:
- Favorite color: Pick a color that you already love.
- Match your outfit: Look at the common colors in your closet and pick a color suitable to it.
- Holidays and Events: Match the color with an upcoming holiday or special occasion.
- Your favorite sports team: Put your favorite team’s colors on display with your braces.
- Colors that complement your eyes: Green bands complement brown eyes. Blue, pink, and lilac complement blue eyes; while purple, red, green, and orange intensify green eyes.
Alternatives to traditional metal braces like invisalign and clear braces can also be found at Xmile Orthodontics. Book an appointment or enquire today!